If you’re anything like me, you have been stumped trying to explain The Rise to a non-Riser. The easy answer, “we’re a group of friends who like to wake up early, workout outdoors, and drop sweat stains on the concrete. We are rain or shine, we get breakfast together and we hangout all the time”.
If you want to give the textbook answer: “The Rise is a workout group that meets Monday through Friday throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens at 6:30AM. Every so often, we meet on Friday nights for a Flash Rise Friday and bring our morning awesome to random locations throughout Manhattan.” We can all agree, that The Rise is ultimately focused on creating a community of people from all walks of life who are dedicated to improving both their bodies and their minds.
This is exactly why this summer, we are partnering with The Movement Creative as they create a playscape on Governor’s Island through a fully funded indiegogo (click here for images and details) which will get people of all ages and abilities moving and enjoying the outdoors. We will be hosting a three-part series of monthly workouts designed to explore the island while bringing our unique love of concrete-jungle exercise, a high level of enthusiasm and high fivery.
– What To Expect –
- We will take a quick running tour around Governor’s Island starting at 12:15PM, to warm up, stretch our legs and take in the unique view of the Manhattan Skyline
- We will then go through a special hour-long The Rise workout – this will include body weight circuits, cardio work, partner work and general badassery
– The Plan –
- The Governor’s Island Ferry leaves from the Battery Maritime Building and is free until 11:30AM, you can find a full schedule here
- Once on Governor’s Island, we will be on Evan’s Road
- Running tour will begin at 12:15 PM – It will be roughly 2.5 miles
- The Rise: Moving an Island workout will begin at 12:45PM
- After the workout, we will be getting food and drinks at Little Eva’s in Liggett Terrace Park
– What To Bring –
- Remember to bring water, sun block, cash anything else you need to enjoy the outdoors
- A change of clothes or towel would be helpful too
- Invite your friends, family members anyone you know who has always wanted to try The Rise
- We will be spray painting shirts, so bring something to tag with The Rise wings if you want
Join us on June 26th for the first installment of the monthly series!!